Re: [Harp-L] Johnson Blues King (was cheap harps)

I bought the set as well and my big complaint is they are major mustache
grabbers (more so than any other harp I've played) :::OUCH:::

In a message dated 12/20/2005 9:59:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nonidesign@xxxxxxx writes:

> I like to keep a couple of harps in my car "just in case" I might need one
> (impromptu gig with a street musician, practicing new runs, sit-ins at
> parties, playing along with a CD, etc.). Chicago's weather extremes (only 1 degrees
> F yesterday with windchill, for example) aren't the best conditions for
> leaving harps outside, so I usually keep cheap harps in the car to suffer. After
> reading the recent thread on cheap harps, and in particular the comments on
> the Johnson Blues King harps, I thought I'd give them a shot.
>
> First off, I have to mention that I ordered the harps from Coast to Coast
> on-line last Friday

If you want a raunchy, skinny, cheap little harp you can hardly beat Suzuki Folk Masters.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm