Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Blow-Outs

Mark, I've never put on a "festival" as you speak of...  In my experience I've found good sound can make or break a music festival... hmmm, who'd a thunk it.... IMO, the key thing, above all, (maybe second to shelter from the elements,) is having a good sound system, someone who knows how to work it and can react quickly and effectively to performers needs and unexpected situations (in that vein, make sure the locale has enough power to support your system.)

Good luck.  Have fun.

Jim

>>> <jruss433@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/21/2005 1:14:16 PM >>>
A friend of mine, former President of the River City Blues Club in Peoria,
IL, has asked me about how to put on a "Harmonica Blow-Out."  The Peoria
Club is second to none in the shameless promotion of the Blues and has no
trouble drawing some pretty top-knotch artists - and they are planning such
an event.

Having never put one on myself, I thought I would consult the oracle.   Any
ideas?  Please get back to me or my buddy, Bob Kieser bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Mark Russillo
a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid