Re: [Harp-L] John Lennon?

Ben,

    Yes, John was a Harp Player and approached his playing the way he did on
all the instruments he picked up.

He used instruments as a painter uses a 'palette' to pronounce and highlight
or just to fill in a background shade.

He wasn't a great guitarist, harp player, pianist but was one of the BEST
songwriters the WORLD has EVER seen. Also check out his harp work on:

I'm a Loser
>From Me to You
Please Please Me
I should have known better

a few more too and don't forget to checkout the the opening chords of:

"For the benefit of Mr. Kite" (Chord & Bass) Harp
"Fool on the Hill" (Bass) Harp

IMHO, John was a "Brilliant" Harmonica Player!,-)

PS.....If anyone wants to hear how Lennon inspired me, send me a note
offlist and I'll send you a LIVE version
of an instrumental "Ticket to Ride" on Diatonic. Boy, I must be in an xmas
mood, just givin' it all away,-)))

best,
rob