[Harp-L] Re: Helge Tallqvist

As for me I´m not too wild about this particular form of blues, and William Clarke leaves me rather cold (gasp!) -- so possibly Helge has more enthusiastic fans on the list.
Cheers
Martin

Perhaps a pulse check is in order?

Oh well...each to his own....

I personally don't care for liverworst & cabbage.

~Donnie~

I've never heard this guy, but I suspect I'd have the same feeling about Tallqvist's stuff. Some of that "west coast" school may entertain me live, but I have yet to hear a single record in the genre that does more than raise an eyebrow.

If I want to jump, I listen to Louis Jordan, Louis Prima and these guys. They knew how to swing. I haven't heard a modern rhythm section that comes close. Seems the "modern" interpretation of the genre is square as square can be, and that certainly doesn't get my pulse boiling.

Who needs a pulse check now ?

;-)

Ben