[Harp-L] Re : Helge Tallqvist / & another Fin Harper

Hurricane Sez :

On the subject of Finland harp's , I can say this of the ones I have heard like Helge Tallqvist really blow mw away , these cats swing big time .

I toured with a Finish Blues drummer ( 90/91 ) " Matti Oiling " his preferred set up for a " R & B " in Finland( Matti's band called " Oling Boiling " ) included a 3 piece horn section and a harpman in one " Pepe Alqvist " . The leader Matti gave me some recordings of this band and I listened well because this band's main axe man was the harp player . I new every compostion already  and that made matti glad and me employed for his west coast tour .

In short - these Fins are sereous musicians who study American Blues/Jazz like a nuclear physicists studies atomic science , I mean these dudes are the real deal .

One of Oiling Boiling's signature harp songs played by Pepe Alqvist was a 12 key 12 bar arrangement that made use of all 12 harps in his ( and my ) quiver !

If you can find any of these cat's CDs get them , they are a great lesson on how someone from somewhere else does American Blues/Jazz as good as it gets .

Sincerely :

H . R .

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx