[Harp-L] Helge Tallqvist

Somebody asked about Helge Tallqvist, Finnish blues harp player.
    Judging from the record with Helge that I own (it´s from the mid 90s) he´s firmly steeped in the West Coast blues tradition, à la George Smith; the cd even comes with endorsements from William Clarke and Rod Piazza. (Judging from the pictures Helge also seems afflicted by that same eye trouble, necessitating the use of dark glasses at all times.)
    No doubt this is very competent playing, divided fairly evenly -- as I recall, but it´s been a while since I listened to the record -- between diatonic and chromatic. So maybe if you like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing you´ll like.
    As for me I´m not too wild about this particular form of blues, and William Clarke leaves me rather cold (gasp!) -- so possibly Helge has more enthusiastic fans on the list.
  Cheers
  Martin