why do I do it.... was Re: Re: [Harp-L] duuku sounds

I think it's important to share music.  My hope is that my playing
inspires others to move forward without fear and pre-conceived
notions about the limitations of the harmonica.

There are plenty of mistake in the clips I post.  I know alot of it
is raw and I hit as many clams as the next guy but I fearlessly
trudge on.  Maybe some of you will not fall into the same traps that
I do. I listen to each one once or twice to learn from my mistakes.
95% are completely improvised and what you are at the seeds of what
will later become songs on future CD. There are  also some great
moments in many of those clips. If you listen closely you can hear
where I get my ideas from.  You can each member of the band feed off
the other.  Listening is ultra important in an band situation
especially in one that is highy improvisational. I don't know if any
of you guys pick up on this stuff or not so let me point it out:

http://www.michalekstrone.com/music/sinmin_solo.mp3

In this clip the bassist plays a small riff at about :41 secs.  I
hear it and instictively try to play it back but I am not in the
right place on the harp to hit it correctly.  The next time I hit it
and it becomes the next theme in my solo and I eventually carry it
through the rest of improv section to support the bass solo.

I hear so many young players that either play over the other
musicians or not at all.  It's ok to play under the music as long as
the tune warrants it. In the posted example the harmonica almost
takes a percussion or rythmic role. I think its perfectly ok to play
like this while others are plays and here it adds to the overall
sound. Playing in a trio without a vocalist is not easy so I am
forced to make the harp fit into new areas.

We play a wonderful instrument don't we?