[Harp-L] What Do You Want On Your Gravestone

However, I haven't "made it"...
YET!!!!!
But I SHALL....
--John  "Whiteboy" Walden

Reading these words, I'm reminded of the last shot of the great movie  White
Heat.  Jimmy Cagney, playing the gangster Cody Jarrett, is  shooting it out
with cops at the top of an oil refinery.  Realizing they're  about to get him,
Cody screams: "Made it, Ma!  Top a the  world!"  At which point the refinery
explodes, dissolving him into...well,  white heat, I guess.  The point: "making
it" means annihilation.  If  you've supported yourself as a musician for 40
years, THAT's success.

The doing is everything.

Peace and Respect,
Johnny T