[Harp-L] Pat Ramsey at Buckingham

Hi All-
This is not a review, since I am in no position to review such a fine musician, just some comments on what I heard Saturday at the Buckingham Blues Bar, in Buckingham Florida, a new Blues Mecca in SW Florida.

Pat played with his band, the Blues Disciples, which is a guitar, drums, bass trio, with Pat playing most of the leads. I regret to say I do not recall the names of his sidepersons (bass player is a woman) but they were all fine-the guitar player was exellent, and the feel of the rhythm section was very tight.

The band had just come up from a gig in Key West, and had driven all night and crashed at the bar during the day until they could get into their hotel (according to the announcer at the bar). They sure didn't sound tired. The band was tight, and Pat sounded wonderful. Some of the tunes were the usual quartet style with solos, but some of them featured Pat with long, exciting solos at the beginning and towards the end. I was in awe at his musicianship and control of both the instrument and his amp effects.
He played a wide variety of styles, from Chicago Blues to Jazz Fusion, to Stevey Ray Vaughan sounding stuff. It was terrific music, and to my inexperienced ears, he has got to be one of the present-day-Harp-Gods.

Bill