[Harp-L] Acoustic terms

Dear List,

Happy Holidays everyone!

A player wrote:

Most of my harp work is amplified but I do a couple of
acoustic numbers through the EV using the PA

Even though I know what the player means, I can help joking about how we got to this terminology.

So if I play an amplified Harmonica Concerto that means it's an acoustic performance? So what is a performance without a mic at all?

It's not unplugged, because all the unplugged instruments go through the PA, and how do they do that anyway? This means one has to plug in to be unplugged.

So we have to come with a term where there is no mic - Acoustic Lite maybe. Less filling, more taste! Somehow that doesn't work either.

By the way, I just spoke with Dennis Gruenling and it looks like he's going to join us for the Grand Canyon Harmonica Seminar - Chromatic for Diatonic Players - Sep 1-6. With Rob Paparozzi we should have all the bases covered. I can teach the fundamentals of the instrument, how to play all your scales and arpeggios, technique, etc. Rob Paparozzi can discuss the transition and how he uses both the diatonic and chromatic in his playing and Dennis Gruenling can come at from the Frank Clarke blues side of how he uses the axe in his arsenal of instruments.

Plus the big Birthday Bash for my 60th on Sep 6th, this should be one of this years big Harmonica Events!

Have a good, safe and peaceful Holiday season!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio