[Harp-L] Harp in Brooklyn

Hi,

For those of you who are interested, my group will be performing Turkish and Jewish music tonight in Williamsburg, Brooklyn at Pete's Candy Store (9:30PM). It's a really nice and intimate venue. There's been a lot of discussion lately on harp-l about using overblows/overdraws to play chromatically on the diatonic harmonica. I've been working on the technique for the past four years in order to play the modes, nuances, ornamentation needed for eastern-european and Turkish music. (Not to mention, bluegrass, jazz and celtic music). The work never ends. The best advice Howard Levy has given me with regards to getting better at the harmonica or any other instrument for that matter is to practice 3-hours a day to the exclusion of all else. I hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

Jason
http://www.shtreiml.com
 http://www.petescandystore.com/