[Harp-L] acoustic mics and volume controls

Steve Rowse wrote:

....but I do a couple of acoustic numbers through the EV using the PA - I just tweak the volume up a little....

Warning: self-serving message:
Steve's comment highlights my issue with acoustic mics for those of us who sing and play harp through the same mic. The "right" level for vocals is usually NOT the right level for harp. I want the mic hotter for harp so I can get my entire hand cup between the harp and the mic. That is precisely the reason I developed my new inline volume control for low-impedance mics. Now I can tweak the volume without moving from the front. I find I use it a lot more than I ever would have expected - its like "doh! every mic should have one of these. Don't know how I lived without it!" - Anyway - info is available at http://www.blowsmeaway.com if you're interested.....