From: Planet Harmonica <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:43:46 +0100
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SB2

<< Rick Estrin plays his style superbly, as does Kim,  and
many others, and from all the info I know of he TB'd mostly.>>

Not to be too controversial, but I just don't hear it.

Estrin and Wilson play great stuff acoustically using hand wah wah, but it still
sounds like a cheap imitation to me. Sonny Boy had this amazing ability to play
the notes "wheezy" which they don't have, and when they do it, it all sounds so
clean...

To me, no one has properly nailed Sonny Boy's style. And it's just as well,
since I'd rather musicians went for their own style...

Ben FELTEN
http://harmonica.typepad.com