[Harp-L] SBW2 comments

>re; ' My favorite SBW recording is the one where you
> can hear him cursing out
> someone in the studio at the start of a cut'.

>i think it was  on "Quiet Village" - " You can call it
>yo' mamma if you wanna! Ya gotta get it while its hot,
>or it aint worth a damn."  probably to producer Phill
>Chess. SBW should be in the philosophy  books.
>                              C-Rad

  Actually I was just listening to SBW2 and its on "Keep Your Hands Out of My Pocket". I have it on the Chess 50th Anniversary SBW Best. The line is ...

  Producer: "Go man go"

  SBW2: "You better cut it now because if you let it cool goddamnit it won't be worth a damn!"

  You could interpret this as having something to do with recording but my guess is that he's talking about some kind of food :-) I've read that he was notorious for his eating.

  Jim McBride