[Harp-L] Thornton Police & Lost Harmonicas

Hi Harp-L listers,

Lee Taylor, a founding member of the Mile High
Harmonica Club called me and then asked that I post
this on Harp-L.

It seems that the Thornton Police (a suburb North
of Denver, Colo.) apprehended a suspect who was in
possession of a number of stolen goods. Among the
goods recovered was a large case of harmonicas. Lee
tells me the case likely belonged to a pro as it is
heavy duty and had LOTs of diatonic harps in it.

If any of your pros out there lost or had stolen a
mess of harps, please contact me offlist and I will
put you in touch with the Thornton Police. If you
can accurately describe the items and the
date/place and circumstances under which they were
lost it may be possible to recover your harps.

I don't have a lot of detail, but can put you in
touch with the right people if you are the victim
in question.

Thanks!

Harpin' in Colorado,
Ken M.

Police
> department and couldn't get any info from them.
Hopefully this
> will be enough to get the word out to our members
and those of
> Harp L.
>
> Lee

back with me
> this evening to explain what's going on.
Thornton sent out to
> law enforcement agencies a general information
sheet listing
> items they somehow got possession of...( found,
turned in by
> somebody, etc)  in hopes that the different
agencies could
> connect these items with their theft or burglar
reports.  So
> there is no case number, no police report, no
evidence list,
> etc.  The only way that anyone can get more
information on
> the "box" of harmonicas is by filing a theft
report with
> a law agency ( in this case, with Thornton)
describing their
> loss, date, etc.  If it matches their item, then
they will
> probably get them back.
>
> This is why he told me about them so that  if
somebody has
> lost the box either by theft or other means, they
can be
> claimed.  Thornton hopes to tie the items up with
existing
> theft reports and already solved cases, etc.
>
> But if they are never claimed, it is possible
that they will
> be auctioned off with alot of other items later
on.
> If you can get the word out, maybe that somebody
in the club