[Harp-L] Re: overblow practice question

My first reaction to the original question,
now that I can play both overblows & overdraws what am I going to do with them ?
would have been something like ; try playing the circle of 4th 's ( G, C , F, Bb, Eb, Ab etc. )
using the major scales but always starting  on the tonic note of the instrument  i.e. Harp in C ;

G major scale plays C Lydian, C    D    E    F#   G    A    B
O.B. on the 5

C major scale plays C Ionian, C    D    E    F    G    A    B

F major scale plays C Myxolydian, C    D    E    F    G    A    Bb
O.B. on the 6

Bb major scale plays C Dorian, C    D   Eb   F    G    A    Bb
O.B. on the 1, 4 and 6

Eb major scale plays C Aeolian, C    D   Eb   F    G    Ab   Bb
O.B. on the 1, 4 and 6.  O.D. on the 9

Ab major scale plays C Phrygian, C    Db   Eb   F    G    Ab   Bb
O.B. on the 1, 4 and 6.  O.D. on the 7 and 9

Db major scale plays C Locrian, C    Db   Eb   F    Gb   Ab   Bb
O.B. on the 1, 4, 5 and 6.  O.D. on the 7 and 9

Here we run into trouble - no more modes - So let's "Flat the One" and start again

What would be;
Gb major scale plays Cb Lydian, Cb    Db   Eb   F    Gb   Ab   Bb
O.B. on the 1, 4, 5 and 6.  O.D. on the 7 and 9

Becomes;
F# major scale plays B Lydian, B  C#   D#   E#   F#   G#   A#
O.B. on the 1, 4, 5 and 6.  O.D. on the 7 and 9

If you've got this far you'll want to work the rest out for yourself!

But on second thoughts, I think that I've missed the real point of the question.

A better answer would have been more on the lines of ;

Chicken Shack (Ike Turner) second position O.B. 5
Blue Monk, (Thelonious Monk) second position O.B. 5 & 6

I'd give you the tab's but I'm afraid of being accused of incitement to make music by
 The Performing Rights  Society

Yours Mox
(Membre du SACEM)