To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 1:10 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: diatonic harps not designed to play all the notes

true the blues harp can't play "all the notes" ( except with overbends which almost always sound pathetic no matter who plays them)........but, the harp can play tons of tones that say, a piano can't play...all the between tones that lie between the keys, hence the expressiveness which chicks love. no? so if you include groovy bends and microtones , or say hard bent chords james cotton-like, then a piano can't play nearly "all the note" yes? don't get me wrong , i love a piano.

cletus