RE: [Harp-L] The Stumble Copyright...not really a lot of harp

Mike writes:
On our CD we recorded a version of Freddie King's "The Stumble". I purchased the copyright from Harry Fox, but do not know how to list the copyright in the credits. Any help?

Generally the song title is followed by the writer's name(s) in parenthesis. (You can put either the full name(s,) the last name(s,) or the first initial plus the last names. I usually use the latter choice.)

Then comes the publishing co. With 'The Stumble' there are four publishers splitting the credit, which is unusual.

Then comes the affiliation of the publishers (ie BMI, ASCAP or SESAC.) In this case all four companies are BMI affiliates.

Therefore it should say:

THE STUMBLE (F. King - S. Thompson) Trio/Ft. Knox/Carbert/Arc Music, BMI.

All this info only has to appear once. In other words, you don't HAVE to list publishing info on each song on the back CD cover, as long as it's listed (for every song) somewhere inside the booklet.

Then sit back and hope it sells a zillion!

happy hollandaise,
Tom Ball