Re: [Harp-L] Tax Concerns

Why is it that musicians are so self-loathing? In this and other forums I see musicians bitching about musicians trying to make a decent living. Like I said somewhere else--if musicians (and songwriters) ar supposed to do what they do for the sheer love of it without getting paid decently--why shouldn't doctors and lawyers and accountants be expected to work for free for the sheer love of it.

I've worked really hard for more that 30 years developing my skills as both a musician and a songwriter--if somebody plays my tune (which I may have worked on for years)why is it wrong for me to expect to make a few cents for it (the royalties on a tune are a few cents a play after all)

If a song writer doesn't want to go along with that, don't write your tunes.

this is one of the most obnoxious and demeaning and disrespectful things things I have ever read I am for once speechless

(well I'm not actually speechless, but if I said what was on my mind, I would be kicked off this list).

Mind you, I could just turn it around and say "If you don't like the old lady in the bikini, just don't look"

ah Hell Merry Christmas anyway and Peace on You.

maurice