Re: [Harp-L] overblow practice question

George Brooks <gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you are at all serious about learning to use overblows in music, buy
> a custom harmonica set up for that purpose by someone who really knows
> what he is doing.
> I tried teaching myself to overblow on Golden Melodies that I regapped
> myself.  But the sounds I made were pitiful.

that's another reason that learning OB's got pushed down the list
of things to work on.  i certainly don't have the money to buy
custom harps right now.  and while the gapping/adjusting i've done
thus far has greatly improved the playability of my harps, i doubt
i know enough to set 'em up for OB's.  i do have one harp that was
given to me setup for OB, maybe i'll try with that.  but a technique
i can use on only one harp is not real useful to me right now.

given all that, though, the various posts on this have convinced me
that i ought to get it in the rotation of things to work on, even if it
takes some time to come to fruition.  so it's been a useful thread for me.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

do for others with no desire of return.
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under.