Re: [Harp-L] Mackie SRM-350

George Brooks wrote:
"These active speakers are compact, weigh in the neighborhood of 30
lbs., and, for clarity, intelligibility, and overall good sound,
decisively kick the a** of any keyboard amp I have ever heard (sorry,
Richard).  (But a keyboard amp will be louder and probably have better
bass extension, the latter a non-issue for harp)."

A non-issue until you kick in the octave divider on your amp modeler
pedal, after which you're definitely going to need something that moves
a lot of air in the low registers.

That said, nice to know that there are so many options for portable,
loud, clear sound.  And my favorite way to use the RP200 is to plug it
straight into the PA -- I only use the keyboard amp when I want to
control my own stage monitor, or on those rare occasions when nobody
brought a PA.  The less I have to lift, the better.  My entire traveling
rig -- 14 diatonics, 1 chromatic, a Labtec AM22, and an RP200 -- now
fits in a shoulder bag that weighs less than 10 pounds.

Regards and Happy Holidays,
Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com