[Harp-L] Sir George Martin "American Sketches

I got a nice email from Sir George Martin about my performance of U.S. Premiere of his "Three American Sketches" for Harmonica and String Orchestra. The performance was with the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra in the town square for 20,000 people and was very well received. He wrote the piece just before John Lennon was shot in 1980.

I also did a couple more totally acoustic performances in Mexico, one in Veracruz with a 60 piece Orchestra in a nice small hall and the other with a 40 piece orchestra in Mexico City. The second was in a hall where there harmonica without a mic sounded like a cannon. Still, you do have to really work to project over all those other instruments.

But it sure is fun watching people drop their jaws when all this sound comes out of the harmonica. What a great instrument to play!!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio