[Harp-L] RE: cajun harmonica discography

Listening to the radio there seems to be more harmonica in Zydeco than
in Cajun music as Zydeco is more related to blues I guess. There are
some that I have heard like listed below.
I would contact KBON radio station through its internet site as one of
the disk jockeys play harmonica as well. This is a local station here in
south Louisiana.
The address is http://www.kbon.com/
Have fun,
Craig

Glenn writes:
I am trying to compile a Cajun harmonica discography for an upcoming
Sing Out! column. Can anyone help with this?

Glenn,

Here is a list of the Cajun harmonica that I know of.

Les Mains du Bon Dieu and La Valse du Vent Nord on Bruce Daigrepont's
Coeur des Cajuns on Rounder.
Paul Dudley Kershaw's Allons A Grand Kaplan on Erwin Music.
LesBlues du Militaire on The Balfa Brothere' J'ai Vu Le Loup, Le Renard
et La Belette, on Rounder.
A number of songs by Isom J Fontenot on Folksongs of the Louisiana
Acadians on Arhoole.
J'ai Passe, French Harp Stomp, Mon Bon Vieux Mari, and Grand Texas, on
the Hackberry Rambler's Jolie Blonde on Arhoolie.
The Back Door on Louisiana Saturday Night on Ace.