Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Hippest Musician's Towns

Hey babe,
  In your zeal to put me in my place you missed the earlier part about the goats.
  I know all about New Yorkers.
  Warm Regards,
  pea (majorly snipped)

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:          peacoat guy writes (majorly snipped):

   "L.A. and NYC are unlivable"

  ....I beg your pardon?  I've lived in and around New York and its   environs since 1961.  It's quite livable, I assure you.  Of course if   you were trying to live in Mid-town Manhattan I could see why that could be   cost-prohibitive.  Most of us with less than Rockefeller/Trump budgets   chose to live elsewhere within NYC (and The City is made up of Queens,   Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island as well as Manhattan).  Did you try all   of them?  Staten Island's the only place within New York where I have not   lived.  Then there is Long Island where I currently reside and   the many other outer suburbs.

  Quite to the contrary, most tourists and emigres to New   York discover it's vastly different from the silliness hyped in Movies   and TV, and find it a stimulating, warm and embracing City, where I can   guarantee lots of musicians make their living.

  If you found it to be an "unlivable" place through a bad personal   experience of your own, then please say so and not just issue what seems to be a   blanket indictment of my City.

  And for the record?  There's no City "hipper" than New York.

  Elizabeth

Yahoo! Shopping