Re: [Harp-L] commander

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:46:23 -0800 (PST)
From: michael hines <otisharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] commander
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>i know you folks must think i live in a cave, but what is a HARP COMMANDER
>and what exactly does it do?
  It is a solid state jFET class A preamp.  You plug your mic in one end,
and plug the output to a PA, stereo, guitar amplifier, computer, or
whatever the heck you want.  It has a gain control, a bass level, and high
cut, plus a few features that ensures impedance levels are where they need
to be for harmonica microphone.   I've sold my amps since getting this, and
very happy with the tone be it clean and sweet, or a filthy Chicago Blues
tone.
Here's more:
http://tinyurl.com/suit/ampdamps.html#harpcommander

> also, in reference to feedback problems with
>the Blues Jr.,i have been using a Pro Jr. with either a Shure 545s or a
>Shure PE53V with no problems.

Yeah.  The stock Blues Jr is a popular amp among professional blues harp
players in NZ, no tube swaps or anything.  Definitely works well with the
Shure 545SD.
Cheers,
-- G.