Re: [Harp-L] Jacksonville, Austin & Orlando--Hippest Towns????

Tom, Iceman,

  Whenever I hear the name Orlando, I think of disco stars Tony Orlando and Dawn.
  Disco... the 70's...it sends chills up and down my spine just thinkin about it.
  pea

Tom Ellis <tomsmics@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I'd  like to know where John Merx gets his experiences from when it comes to  Orlando and Jacksonville. I'll let Larry "Iceman" E. speak for Orlando,  but I grew up in Jacksonville Beach and am back in the Jacksonville  area 3-4 times each year. If you're into reggae, play in a GenX band,  or dig classic rock, then this might be your place. But of the 50+ live  music venues in Jacksonville, St. Augustine and the area's beach  communities you can count the blues clubs on two fingers and even they  aren't consistent. I can't imagine working as a harp player there full  time unless someone played a lot of country.

Yahoo! Shopping