[Harp-L] Butter's "missing" Work Song note (was cannonball adderly)

Hi John,

I've attempted to play the Work Song on short harp
and I think the missing note would require a 7
overdraw to "get it right." Least ways, when I play
it in 3rd position, that's the case. Did Butter do
it in 3rd? If so, that's likely the cause of the
stir. It is certainly the reason I mainly cover it
with a button harp.

Here's some make-shift tab for the Work Song in 3rd
on short harp.

4 4 5 6+ 6 6 6+ 6 7+
4 4 5 6+ 5 4 4 4+ 4

4 4 5 6+ 6 6 6+ 6 7+
6 6 6 7+ 6 7+OD   6

8 6 7+ 6 6+ 6 5 5 4 4+ 4 4+
4 4 5 6+ 6' 6+ 5 6+ 5 4

4+ 4 6+ 6
4 4 6 6+

6 6+ 5 6+ 5 4 4+ 4

I'm thinking that pesky 7OD is the note that Butter
avoided, as did William Clarke when he covered it
(even though he did it using a chromatic).

Hope this helps. Not totally sure whether I'm right
though as I don't have Butter's version on hand to
verify.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

--- John Kerkhoven <solo_danswer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>