Re: [Harp-L] Making a Living on the Road

jazman-
Would you like to be 45-50YO jumping in & out of a van,
eating fast food & driving 400-600 miles after playing all night?
Think of the energy expended after you do a weekend gig.
Then imagine getting up for that 5-4 nights in a row, after junk food
& road weary sleep.

  Most of the connect the dots touring gigs for blues specific is gone.
Add the price of gas & room & meals & you need to do well.
 Most pros that I am lucky to know personaly take mid Dec & mid Jan off.
Do fly ins (which pretty much means festivals only) and then tour Europe.

You won't get rich, but it's a decent living. Better than a working class
job for sure.

Unless you have a record contract, it gets even tougher
 The guys you mention are pros with record deals, they are doing well.
Go to Jason Ricci.com and look at that man's schedule..Chrimminy!
he is a man of steel.  I wish a label would pick him up.

Want to be happy?  Be a PT player & pick & chose your gigs.