[Harp-L] mixed harp that's perfect for me

After trying various makes and models of harp (Hohner:MB,Blues Harp, GM,
SP20, Meisterklasse; Lee Oskar and Suzuki) I have come up with a mixed
harp that's perfect for me. I liked the metal comb of the Meisterklasse
(I feel that the metal gives better projection and volume)but it has a
very small opening in the back which muted the sound. To remedy that, I
use a Meisterklasse diatonic metal comb  with Big River cover plates
(they have the most open backs which also gives better projection and
volume).I use MS reed plates and gap the reeds to suit my playing.
Hohner sells the Big River cover plates for $4.40 and the Meisterklasse
diatonic metal comb for $18.70. Coat 2 Coast sells the MS reed plates
for $13.50, so the entire harp costs $36.60. This is a lot less than
buying the Meisterklasse harp which sells for around $55 but the sound I
get is so much better.

Steve Klein