[Harp-L] Re: commander

michael hines wrote:
"i know you folks must think i live in a cave, but what is a HARP COMMANDER and what exactly does it do?"

The Harp Commander -- or now the Harp Commander II -- is a preamp for harmonica designed and handbuilt by Ron Holmes. Check it out at www.holmeseng.com/page5.html. There are many different uses for it. The two most common, IMO, are A) running it into the PA to give you "amped" sound and a very high volume/feedback ratio, and B) running into a subpar (for harp) amplifier to improve its sound. In rehearsal situations, I have plugged my HC into all kind of cheesy, hi-gain solid state amps and still was able to get pretty good sound and volume. YMMV.
MN