I've got still-good stock speakers in 2 of them, and a Jensen C10Q in another. The original speaker certainly didn't have a huge magnet - I think "over-speakering" it would be a mistake.

Here's a pic of my most recent one - I built an entirely new 1/2" ply cab for it and covered it myself (first time at that; next time will be better!) I call it my "lounge lizard" amp......

http://blowsmeaway.com/images/Kalamazoo.jpg

On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:18 PM, Gregg-home wrote:

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:35:53 -0800
From: gregnospam <gregnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] on mics and amps and beginning set ups (long)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Greg,

Which Kalamazoo model are you referencing in your post? I have a Kalamazoo Model 1. I bought it from a guy in CA and it is a sweet little harp amp. What speakers are you using in yours? What other mods have you done? Oil paper caps from Sonny?

I also own a Sonny Jr. built Bassman RI (built just prior to his 4x10 model).

And I may be interested if you decide to sell off one of the Kally's?

Thanks for any experience and advice?

Gregg Stone Dallas, TX