Subject: Re: [Harp-L] A Grand Idea? (long reply, but very harp-related)

Still, there's nothing more amazing.

Elizabeth

"Message: 8
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:05:40 EST
From:  Moandabluz@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] A Grand Idea? (long reply, but  very
harp-related)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

My first foray into harp 'camps' was a trip in 1998 to David Barrett's
Masterclass in San Jose. I forget just how much I paid for the class, but I
also
had to pay airfare from Minnesota, 3 expensive nights in a hotel, plus  food,
etc.    I'm sure I spent more than a grand.    But.. I had a nice little
vacation, I made some new friends, I learned  stuff.. but mostly I got to
listen to
Rick Estrin, Charlie Musselwhite, Mark  Ford, Mark Hummell, and other superb
players in concert and in up-close and  personal gatherings. I got a neat
T-shirt
that I still wear, I won a Green  Bullet mic (which I later sold, but thats
another story) and I had a ball.
Did I get my money's worth? Probably not, but I don't care. I  met Winslow
for the first time, I made friends with an undercover cop from  Saskatoon who
was there to learn as well and we roomed together. I met  several others who
are
on this list and it got me even more hooked on  harp.
Since then I have been to the Buckeye Harmonica Festival  in Ohio for seven
straight   years, I have been to SPAH three  times and I have spent way too
much money on harps and harp-related stuff.  Again, I don't care.
I don't golf anymore. I don't fish anymore.  Music is basically my main
hobby. I spend what I can afford (or maybe a  little more) and I enjoy the
friendships I have acquired.
So.. after this  long digression, the answer to your question lies with you.
All I know is, I  may not have learned a lot, but I don't regret any of it.
As  always, this is my subjective opinion. And Chris does get Butterfield,
he  just doesn't want to admit it.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve  'Moandabluz' Webb"