[Harp-L] Mics

Tom Ellis always tries to keep vintage elements and mics in stock, but with
all the harp players driving up the prices on the vintage table top ones it is
 getting difficult to get them. As far as the 520DX, I am not fond of Mexican
 elements, but I have had several customers come to the house to try out the
410  and with stock amp setup it was a bit weak, but just one tube swap, part
of the  nice part of the versatility, and it really sounds great. I would bet
Scott's  amp could make it sound good also as he has dial ins with his
controls. On  another amp note, the crap I have seen for supposed REAL bassmans on
ebay, is  just ridiculous. One with non original output, all non original
speakers, not  even close to same type, not one part of the circuit original,
Mallory caps,  etc., and retweeded went for $4300. Due to being out of work for an
extended  time, I am building one more truly original hot bassman with my last
quad  of original P10Q's from 1956, the speaker they used in the fatter
sounding 1960,  original output, choke, Astron better caps,  It will be on ebay
soon. The 4  I have built so far everyone has had thought sounded better than
their  originals, which they all have.