Re: [Harp-L] A Grand Idea? (long reply, but very harp-related)

    My first foray into harp 'camps' was a trip in 1998 to David Barrett's
Masterclass in San Jose. I forget just how much I paid for the class, but I also
had to pay airfare from Minnesota, 3 expensive nights in a hotel, plus food,
etc.    I'm sure I spent more than a grand.   But.. I had a nice little
vacation, I made some new friends, I learned stuff.. but mostly I got to listen to
Rick Estrin, Charlie Musselwhite, Mark Ford, Mark Hummell, and other superb
players in concert and in up-close and personal gatherings. I got a neat T-shirt
that I still wear, I won a Green Bullet mic (which I later sold, but thats
another story) and I had a ball.
   Did I get my money's worth? Probably not, but I don't care. I met Winslow
for the first time, I made friends with an undercover cop from Saskatoon who
was there to learn as well and we roomed together. I met several others who are
on this list and it got me even more hooked on harp.
   Since then I have been to the Buckeye Harmonica Festival in Ohio for seven
straight   years, I have been to SPAH three times and I have spent way too
much money on harps and harp-related stuff. Again, I don't care.
   I don't golf anymore. I don't fish anymore. Music is basically my main
hobby. I spend what I can afford (or maybe a little more) and I enjoy the
friendships I have acquired.
So.. after this long digression, the answer to your question lies with you.
All I know is, I may not have learned a lot, but I don't regret any of it.
    As always, this is my subjective opinion. And Chris does get Butterfield,
he just doesn't want to admit it.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb