To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:07 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] A Grand Idea?

As a breif introduction I've been toying with harp for a little over a year or so. I can do a fair bit of bending, blocking, octaves and the like, but I haven't managed to put it all together to make music. TIme to change that.

Anyway, I see this Jon Gindick camp which seems pretty nice. Problem is, add
up the tuition, air fare, and room and all it and it is a tidy sum just over
a grand.

So for a roughly a grand I can:

1) Spend 3 days at Jam Camp
2) Buy a 12 key set of SP20s, a bullet mic, and a Bassman reissue.
3) Buy a 12 key set of custom harps
4) Put a serious down-payment on a Sonny Jr.
5) A better car (not really...)

Obvioiusly it is the practice I need, not the gear. BUT... that is a heck of
alot of change. Curious what the rest of you folks might think about the
value of a "Jam Camp" and what more affordable alternatives might exist.

Thanks much in advance... Rufus