Re: [Harp-L] More Butterfield

Tower Records has the original (not extended version)on cd.
I saw it at the Tower on South St. in Philly a month ago.

mike

On Dec 9, 2005, at 8:35 AM, fjm wrote:

Speaking of Butterfield: AMG says that Rhino has re-issued
> the double live album "with an additional 70 min of music",
> if I remember correctly. Sounds like a whole lot.
>     Anybody whos bought this? Comments?

Good luck finding a copy, this was reissued on the Rhino Handmade label and only 2500 copies were ever issued. It's out of print already. It is longer than the original, I'm not sure it's 70 minutes longer. It is 2 CD's worth. I bought my copy for Driftin' and Drifitn which I'd heard on the radio in the late 70's. Even then the live album was out of print. I did manage to find that one song on a compilation called Golden Butter but I'd always wanted the original. In retrospect I don't really know if it was worth the $40 I paid to get that one song in a different format. fjm