[Harp-L] Rob's Paul B.Post = Hall of Fame

Rob's post on
"Pioneers, Harmonica Genius'....Period!"
- Adler
- Toots
- Stevie
- Sonny Terry
- SBWII
- Little Walter
- Butterfield
- Levy
- McCoy

makes for a great list for the inagural class in the Harmonica Hall of Fame. There will always be a couple of omissions (I could argue for including DeFord Bailey), but the inagural class should restricted to only the utmost pioneers/geniuses. I mean the baseball hall of fame inagural class only had like 7 members (Wagner, Ruth, Cobb, Matthewson, and a few others), then they vote a few (or none) more in every year with very restrictive conditions (90% vote on all ballots??) by the baseball writers. Well, there's not a harmonica writers guild unless you count harp-L....so what better group to establish a Harmonica Hall of Fame. Now all we need is a nice brick building somewhere and a few brass plaques (unless some enterprising net person wants to host the virtual HHOF on their site :) :) ).

Fred S
[who is proud to share his birthday with Elvis, Soupy Sales, Catherine the Great, and Larry Storch - 4 of my favorite people. There used to be a website where you type in your birthday and it lists famous people born on that date - the url escapes me - but I doubt that Butterfield or Giordano are in their dB. Also, in a room of 30 people (like SPAH Blues Jam) there's a >50:50 chance that 2 will have the same birthday. Aren't you glad you asked? :) :) ]