[Harp-L] Madcat’s Harmonica & Ukulele Project

Dear Friends-

I just finished listening to the final mastering for my new CD, MADCAT’S HARMONICA & UKULELE PROJECT. And yesterday I OKed the final artwork for the tray card and CD booklet.

Today it all gets shipped off to the CD duplication factory.

I’ve been working on this CD for about 2 years so am very pleased that it is finally finished.

The CD has 14 tracks. All the tracks on this CD have both harmonica and ukulele.

On the first 13 tracks, all the instruments were played by me. These instruments include: harmonicas, ukuleles, jaw harps, electric guitar, baritone guitar, banjo, berimbau, high hat, cowbell, wood block, shakers, guiro, railroad spikes, sauce pan, brushes, shoe box, whistling and vocals.

Track #14 (the bonus track) is borrowed from the CD Gréia by Brazilian harmonica player Jefferson Gonçalves (Blues Time Records, BTR 22011).

In 2003, while I was on tour in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, my good friend Jefferson invited me to play on his CD. I recorded the basic ukulele and vocal tracks for my song “Win The Lotto” and then left the country. Jefferson and his friends then added harmonica, bamboo flute, acoustic guitar, slide guitar and percussion.

Thanks to Jefferson Gonçalves and Big Joe Manfra from Blues Time Records for allowing me the use of this track.

For more info about Jefferson and Blues Time records check out:
http://www.jeffersongoncalves.com
http://www.bluestimerecords.com

The duplication place tells me that the MADCAT’S HARMONICA & UKULELE PROJECT CDs will be shipped to me by mid January. I hope to have them with me at the NAMM Show and after that they will be available through my website: http://www.madcatmusic.net

Madcat