Re: [Harp-L] re: Satan and Adam

Mr Taylor here.. once again flailing around his ignorance .....

I just finished my first read of "Mr. Satan's Apprentice."  I have put
Satan and Adam all over my CD wish lists, as I've heard next to nothing
from them, and want to put a sound to my imagined image of them. My only
tangible understanding of Mr. Gussow's playing comes from the JRNB
Sweeny's Station show. Please feel free to put out links to essential
S&A CDs.

My first response to this post was, "Cool, I was wondering if Satan was
still alive."  Now I'm concerned -  what is he making a comeback from?

Man, I wish I lived anywhere near Oxford......

 - Blake

>>> "M. N." <mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx> 12/08/05 7:02 AM >>>
Mark quoted Adam Gussow as saying:
"Sterling 'Mr. Satan' Magee and I made our initial comeback gig.  ...
When
Sterling roared the
chorus of 'I Got My Mojo Working,' people were stunned. ... Sterling and
will be playing together several times ... There's also the possibility
that
a filmmaker who has been working on a documentary about Satan and Adam
for
the past ten years will show a preview reel, which should be
amazing--and
will give you plenty of chance to see what Sterling was about in the old

days. ... Sterling is on the comeback trail.  ... he's still working
himself
back into shape. ... all his musician friends in town, who were floored
by
the 'fiery' side that began to come back out."

Jesus, Mark (and Adam): You don't know how happy this post makes me.
Thanks
a million for making my day. :-)
MN