Fwd: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball Comments

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joe Ferbeats
<harmonicacraig@xxxx> wrote:

Hello list!

  I'm back after a few years absence ... great to be here again!
I've been playing for many years and am curious about the Audix
Fireball ... How do y'all like it?  Is it worth the $200.00 asking
price?  Does it work with the aforementioned in-line, low-impedance
volume-controls?  How does it sound with a high-impedance adapter for
a 1/4 inch jack into a tube amp?  Thanks in advance and happy harping!

                               - Dr. Dragonfly

Hey Doc, hopefully you'll hear from more folks on the fireball.
Also, if you search the archives a bit, there was a fair amount of
discussion when it first came out.  It's a clean mike, some folks
like it for chrome.  I see no reason why the recently discussed in-
line lo-z volume control wouldn't work (it uses the standard xlr lo-z
cable).  As far as through an amp with a z transformer, I don't
recall a lot of positive reviews.  I think it is very good as far as
no feedback is concerned.  I've got one, but don't use it very
often.  Actually, I used it recently on a stand for playing native
american style flute at a gallery gig into a small PA -- I really
liked it for that -- better than a 57 or 58 for that (and small).
This stuff is so subjective.  If you can try one out without
purchasing that would be ideal!  YMMV.  --john k.