Re: [Harp-L] How we discovered the blues

Butterfields first big albums were like 1965 and 1968.
  The Stones first albums also were 1965 and 1966. I think they had one  european album in 1964 . So you cant really say the Stones paved the  wayfor Butterfield.
  peacoatguy

CHARLES BASSI <jeanchar50@xxxxxxx> wrote:  By the time Paul Butterfield came along,
we were already receptive to the blues due to The Rolling Stones.
Before that, we were receptive to the blues because at least
half the songs on AM radio followed a blues progression,
even though they were considered pop or dance songs.