[Harp-L] P Butterfield

howdy all, i've been lurking here for a few months, but no posts yet. i gotta relate a story the drummer in my band told me the other day about PB.

he was talking to his mother-in-law, saying that "our harmonica player loves Paul Butterfield and wants us to play some of his music, and i do too". she then says to him, "Paul Butterfield! i knew him! he and the band used to hang out at my house all the time. one of the band members even lived at my house for a year." I have not met the mother-in-law yet, but i'm dying to be able to listen to stories she has to tell.
PB was my first real intro to blues and his self titled cd is still my favorite due to the energy and feeling i get from the harp work. nothing earthshattering technical wise, but fun to listen to.

i'll follow up w/ another email with an intro of myself.

Shawn
http://code29band.com