[Harp-L] Subjective opinions

Forgive me if I'm out of place saying this, but it seems odd to me that there is so much emotional attachment and reaction to opinions that are completely subjective. Saying "I don't care for icon alpha's music" is akin to my grandson saying "I don't like liver".

Since I got interested in the harp I've made an effort to listen to a lot of music where the harp is a featured instrument. Some I like, some I don't. It has nothing to do with how talented the players were/are with the instrument. I might think that Rootin Tootin is a wonderfully talented musician, but since I don't like the musical genera rudacrance that he plays, I don't care to listen to him. Perhaps the tone that he likes and sets up his amp for sounds like finger nails on a chalk board to me. So what?

Why should that upset one of Rootin Tootin's fans, or a devotee of rudacrance music? It's just an opinion, a subjective one at that.

Peace and music,
Dave