[Harp-L] Re : harp tuning with chromatic tuner

Tim Moyer sez :

Excerpt .

"  I choose a reference pitch that's somewhat higher than A=440 (10 cents sharp, which is about A=442.5), with the idea that it's better to be a little sharper than the other instruments than flatter . "

Hurricane sez :

Sup Tim :)

Too true that a harmonica is usually retuned ( or from the factory if it's right ) a tad  sharp .

Funny thing to realize how it was done before strobometers and then the new quartz type tuners . In those days of the past they used tuning " forks " and did it as good then as it's now being done today .

Personally when I retune(d) a reed with only a little cheapie Yamaha Portasound key board . Yeah I'm talking low tech as can be here back when I first successfully achieved this tuning thang ,

- and -

got super results too .

Now I use my midi sound module and then a quartz meter to see where I actuallay end up ,

- - which is - -

....... a tad sharp .

Merry Christmas man

Sincerely :