Re: [Harp-L] Re:PB

Yeah, as a testosterone-ravaged teen (in the late '80's) just learning
harp, a wise player / friend of the family put a mix together with
primarily Butterfield, and a little Wilson and Newell on it. Teenage me:
"Yeah, this instrument is macho enough .........."

For years I listened to very little harp other than that 90 minute tape.
It certainly fueled, shaped, and stunted my harp playing for at least a
decade...and then some....I'm only now starting to appreciate the more
"in the pocket" players, as well as the jazzier guys / gals.

 - BAT
>>> <icemanle@xxxxxxx> 12/05/05 4:13 PM >>>
Butterfield's harmonica playing leaped off those old records with high
energy and excitement that was infectious - more so than the old blues
guys at the time, to my ears. I didn't know much about harmonica playing
in that early era, but I know what moved me.

The Iceman