Fwd: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar Re-tuning technicians

Why not do it yourself? The technical skills required are not that
difficult if you use a sanding detailer - costs about $5 - and follow
pat Missin's advice for tuning to just tuning. You don't really even
need a tuner.

Check out Pat's treatise at:

http://www.patmissin.com/tunings/tunings.html

The basic process has been summarized elsewhere, or you may wish to
contact Pat for more advice.

If you don't feel up to learning to do this on your own, you might
approach some of the custom builders on the list, like Bob Meehan or
Tim Moyer. They'll build diatonics pretty much to your
specifications, though I'm not sure either of them work on Lee
Oskars. Pat Missin does - or did; I'm not sure about the present
condition of his activities building and repairing harps for others.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <peacoatguy@xxxx> wrote:

 Hey,
  I've been thinking I'd like to try playing some Lee oskars retuned
like a marine band or special 20.
  Anyone have suggestions who in the US would do that? Thanks.