[Harp-L] Paul Butterfield

   Iceman you are absolutly on the mark when you said P.B.'s playing jumped
right off the record. I suggest that oneconsider the fact that Paul and
company were regulars at the clubs in Chicago because they rocked everyones
behinds off. These clubs had all the harp studs come in on a regular basis so
the people who frequented these clubs knew what the real deal was. Iceman I'm
guessing you are a child of the 60's as am I so when a band like Butterfields
came around it was a life changing experience (not unlike Jimi Hendrix).
        Paul Butterfield is and always will be a legend, one that played harp
without gadgets but with urgency and soul. It remains to be seen if current
fav's will have leave a lasting impression on the blues scene.
                      turning blue & blowing off steam in Dallas City,
                              Jim French