[Harp-L] Harp Jam Mic Sharing?

I'm sure all would agree that sharing harps is a no-no for hygiene reasons.

I'm looking for some thoughts from the list concerning harp *mic* sharing.

Specifically, at electric blues jams when I'm in the house band, should I  be
squeamish about loaning my bullet type mic to another player? I've tried to
hold to a -yes, you can use my rig, but you've got to provide your own mic-
stance, and I've gotten strange looks at times from jammers.

Seems like when I got started going to jams many years ago I always made a
point to bring my own rig and never expected to use the house band's equipment
to play harp. Always felt like it made me seem better prepared and less like
a  drunk who happened to have a key of C harp.....

I know that when I play, it would not be unusual for a combination of sweat
& saliva to find it's way into contact with my mic.

As I write this I sit at home nursing a bad cold.....

Andy Vincent