Re: Re: [Harp-L] re: jazz on a diatonic

fjm <mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are problems with Work Song as done by Butterfield, specifically
> that glaringly wrong note at the end of the intro.  That and intonation,
> there are intonation issues with a lot of the songs on East West.  Sure
> it's great stuff and I like it for what it is but it's not a fully
> realised artistic concept in that there are technical issues that needed
> to be resolved.

i'm curious if you've heard marc ford's version on the robben/marc ford
butterfield tribute album, and how you feel about that one.
i like that album, and that song in particular, quite a bit, but don't know
how it measures up in its faithfulness to the original.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

do for others
with no desire of return
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under