[Harp-L] RE : Cream Reunion - Jack Bruce

jazmaan sez :

Excerpt.

" Did you all see the Cream reunion on PBS last night? "

Hurricane sez :

I go on record saying that Jack Bruce is the most powerful of the  UK Rock-N-Roll singers of all time , his voice is truly one of the finest emotionally charged  voices out of the 60's bar none It's an extremely powerfull strong and evocative a voice that one can not avoid being drawn into it and be drenched in it's passionate statement .

His harp chops do not match what he did before , but then again when I saw him smoke up a stadium ( they played a bill with Jimi Hendrix when I saw them the first time here in southern California ) with his heavy harp chops he also was tapping bass lines with his other hand while Ginger and Eric were smokin up a storm . Yep back then his health was at it's prime . As jazmaan mentioned , what he worked out on was really tastie dispite the economy of notes choosen to play .

Jack has recently recovered from a ( correct me if I'm wrong someone ) bad liver ailment and to see him play his @$$ off and cook like he did on stage the other night is truly inspirational . I have 2 friends who are going through Jack has had to endure in the treatments for his liver , this medication is as devastating  to the body as chemo therapy is to a cancer patient    , so as I said

¡ - -  Wow - - What A MAN in one Jack Bruce !

Some of my buddies who I invited over to hear it at high sound pressure levels on my sound system were ( along with me ) in hog heaven . Most of my buddies didn't know the Jack was the lead singer in Cream and were properly educated in that fact and also how deeply drenched and entrenched Cream was in The Blues and Jazz ( check out some of Jack's quotes on Jazz as it related to Cream or visa versa , then you can make your own call ) , personally I think these guys really got the " magic " cookin in that reunion concert .

Ginger Baker - - Wow - - he gets better and better like fine cognac , I can't find words to express my feelings on that man's time keeping qualities , he's a machine he is ! "Pressed Rat and Warthog" just had me rolling on the floor ! heh heh heh .

My buddies were also surprised to realize that " Spoonful " wasn't written by Cream or that Jack was the lead singer on it and Eric was the second vocal of Cream .

One closing thought :

As Eric Clapton made his obligatory " front man " thank you's for coming and blah blah blah before really hitting it , he finally said just before they all took off like the proverbial heard of birds into the stratosphere

- " we were cut off ( the bands demise ) in the prime of our lives by the record company " -

( or something quite close to that )

To which Jack Bruce replied quite quickly and in a very enthusiastic manner :

- - " ¿ What do you mean man ? ,

- ¡ We're in the prime of our lives ! "

back towards Eric Clapton heh heh heh .

> jazmaan <

Your comment on how Eric was  sweatin his @$$ off is true , he was [ workin man ] heh heh , I have a reputaion for that too because I do sweat my @$$ off , in fact when I was a young guy in athletic competion ( ! oh it hurts to think back that far ! ) my nick name was " The Sweat Gland man "  ! heh heh heh ... I have to have a clean shirt after every set !

What is truly significant to Rock-N-Rool & The Blues is this when it comes to what they ( Cream Mayhhall & UK etceteras )   did for The Blues :

They made the vast majority of young Americans who knew nothing really significant about The Blues become aware to the point of rekindling a new found interest in The Blues to a group of people who were white washed from the " specialized and stratified " pop radio " routine of thinking that that was all there was to music in general ( you know the Hollywood Rock scene crap and other idol makers drol ) when it/they/themsuckers just sort of swept the Blues & Jazz under the " rug of ignorance " .

B .B . King has made that reference many times so I'm definitely not in the minority in believing this fact .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx